Throwing a party is not the same as wearing a dress; both require planning except that you would probably have to work harder when it comes to throwing a party. And that is why you use a party planner checklist to make sure that you have prepped accordingly. When it comes to hosting any event, a party planner checklist is a must. Just remember that your party needs to be successful and everyone must have a great time but at the same time, just review the list posted below and see that you had not forgotten anything important,
- Cake: This goes on top of any ‘must-do’ list; if you are throwing a birthday party, then you need a cake along with the requisite candles, balloons and decorations. As for the furniture, just a few large bean bags along with a few sofas should be enough. Make sure that you get all the decorations well in advance to avoid any last-minute rush since that would probably result in you forgetting something important. Make sure that your place is well decorated for the party in advance and that all the guest invites have been sent out as well.
- Venue: If you happen to have a large backyard then, you can set up a temporary shelter in your backyard and have your party there. Or you could rent a local place for the party but in either case, you will need to make sure that all the party invites with the right address have all been sent out in time.
- Large bouncy castles: If you are planning to rent a large bouncy castle for your party, you may need to book one well in advance. Bouncy castles are always in demand and the local party shop may not be able to provide you with one if you head over to book one at the very last minute. This is something that you can book well in advance and you would be well advised to do just that.
- Entertainment: There are various forms of entertainment which you can book for your party. You can hire a DJ or a local magician to perform live before the small kids. But you need to book your entertainment well in advance as well.
- Music: What’s a party without music? In addition to a DJ, you can also hire a local band to perform live at your party. You may want to make sure that they perform age-appropriate songs, the sort that everyone would enjoy dancing to.
- Food: This is a no brainer; all you need to do is to head online and start searching for caterers. You should find quite a few locally, and you can then sort amongst them and select one for your event. Or you can ask around and based on recommendations, go ahead with a particular vendor.
- Gifts: When sending out the party invite, you can also include a link to an online registry, containing items that the Birthday boy may be interested in receiving as presents. You can share the list amongst your friends and loved ones. And as each of your guest purchases something off the list, they can cross off the same with the online registry as well so that no one ends up repeating gifts.
- Furniture: All that is required for the party is a few bean bags, some outdoor cushions to provide your guests with comfortable seating and that’s that.
With this checklist handy, you should be able to throw a great party. Remember that you can modify the checklist according to the party, the occasion etc but the list is a must, for any event. With this list, you should be able to stay on top of things and ensure that all the important items are covered. Just remember that at the end of the day, you would want everyone to have a great time. Just follow the checklist and make sure that your party remains environment-friendly, at all times.