Did you ever imagine that any party can be unbearable and disgusting? Yes, it can be! Especially if the party is of the mice and rodents that occupy your home. The constant squeaking and running of the mice in your house can actually be very irritating. And further, if you find out that the group is enjoying your stock of food in your duct, the irritation increases. So, isn’t it necessary to stop these creatures from entering your house and creating so much ruckus in the place? And if you are genuinely interested to get rid of them, then do read this entire post carefully.
Essential tips to block the mice infestation in your home!
Some of us think that a mouse can be cute. Well, these are the ones who keep them as pets. But if you are victim to their irritating strategies, then you’ll find them as the most unbearable creatures on the Earth. So, if this is the case with you, you would surely want to read the ways to get rid of them and keep your house safe from their infestation. So, in this case, the important tips are just as follows:
- Find their source of entrance and exit — First things first. Go find out the source of their entrance and exit. If you are able to find that — say – they are entering through the roof area or there is a secret passageway through your duct or your basement, you have to block those first
- Fill in the holes and gaps in the place — If you can’t really find out the source of the entrance, at least try and search for the holes in your wall or the gaps in your room. If you find these, then probably you have just seen their secret door to come in the place. And if there are many holes in the walls or your walls are really old and target for the mice, then it’s always better to call a plasterer in Kent from DH White Plastering and redo your entire wall. They have very experienced workers who have been in this field for lots of years and ensure to create solid plastered walls and ceilings in your home that would definitely block the ways of mice infestation in your house.
- Keep the doors and windows shut after dark — Most of the time, mice enter your place through the doors and windows if there aren’t any holes in the house. So what you have to do here is immediately shut the access points after darkness because then they won’t be able to enter the house. Also, if you have a very dark basement with no lights at all, we will suggest you light at least a small bulb here because research shows that mice don’t enter the place where there is light (and darkness on the contrary attracts them).
- Stop providing easy access to the stock — Practically if you know that there are mice moving around in the house, you shouldn’t leave your stock or food items unattended or in vulnerable spaces. Like, if you have kept your packet of breads on your kitchen table, obviously the mice can easily tear this package and start chewing the bread. You can instead place them in a tight lid box and keep all your other stocks secure in your inventory cupboard. This is important if you want them to stop attacking your house.
- Attack the party directly — There are lots of chemicals and other options available in the market that help you attack the rats directly or make them feel suffocated in your house and run away from the place. What you can do is entice them by placing some amount of food in the corners of your house or your basement and add the chemicals to this food item. Well, when the mice party starts and they are feeding on this food, they’ll automatically feel like running out of the place and you would be safe from their attacks.
Now we are sure you are super ready to attack and halt this mice party going on in your place. Obviously, when this party stops only then you can party bringing in your guests at home.