Today is National Tequila Day!
What better way to celebrate than a post about the perfect delicious tequila additions to your wedding day?! From a special margarita as your signature cocktail to a full tequila bar. Here are some of my favorite ways to incorporate this tasty beverage into your wedding theme or drink menu.Tequila for party favors or a little nip with bite-sized tacos after a long night of dancing. There are so many fun ways to incorporate any version of this drink into your wedding and so many options for adding the perfect personal touch.Tequila themed signage is a cute addition to the bar or hospitality table. How great are these little shot glass escort cards?! And now, here are some fun options for signature tequila cocktails.
SPICY POMEGRANATE MARGARITA
- slices jalapeno plus more for garnish
- silver tequila
- pomegranate juice, sweetened
- juice of two limes
- kosher salt for rim
- crushed ice
- In a cocktail shaker combine jalapeno slices and a small amount of ice. Muddle with a wooden spoon to break up the jalapeno. Add in tequila, pomegranate juice and the juice from two limes. Shake until well combined.
- Rim two glasses with salt and fill with ice. Strain margaritas into ice filled glasses and garnish with another slice of jalapeno.
For those of you “going green”!
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila (I prefer silver)
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 1/2 ounces kiwi simple syrup [recipe below]
- lime + fresh kiwi or kiwi berries for garnish
- coarse salt for the rim
KIWI SIMPLE SYRUP
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of coarse salt. Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, grand marnier, kiwi simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few kiwi berries or kiwi chunks.
FOR SIMPLE SYRUP
- Add the kiwi fruit to a food processor and blend until pureed.
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking until the sugar dissolves. Turn off theheat and let the mixture cool. Once cool, add it to the food processor with the kiwi and blend until you have kiwi syrup!
- This can be stored in the fridge, sealed well, for a week or so.
This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc. Since everyone’s tastes differ, add simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time and go by your taste. I also suggest buying the lime juice if you plan on making a pitcher (or 2) considering you’d have to squeeze a billion limes to get enough juice.
CHAMPAGNE LEMONADE MARGARITA
This is an all time favorite of all the ladies here at Just can’t get enough of those bubbles!
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 3 ounces pink lemonade
- Brut champagne
- crushed ice
- lemon wedge
- coarse salt (we love Pink Himalayan)