A DJ and alive band, both can be quite entertaining and both add up a different energy level to the party. Live music can make people live in the moment while DJs sway people into fun and frolic with the hit numbers. Bands give you an interaction option with your audience while DJs are popular with the younger generation.
Things to Consider
It is necessary for you to know the advantages and disadvantages of a school ball DJ hire and a band. So, there are certain things that you must know before fixing a party hire in Invercargill. Some of them are
- Event Type: Some events turn out to be best with DJ while the others with a live band. Like for formal events or large-scale official events a live band is suited. While for small parties or celebrations involving family and friends, a DJ is appropriate. A live band adds to the elegance of the party.
- Size of Venue: You can understand by concerts that bands are meant for larger areas. They have stronger systems and a great musical presence. DJs are good for both larger and smaller venues. For larger venues, they just need to be well equipped with the proper sound system.
- Song Selection: If you have specific songs that you wish to be played in your function than the truth is finding a band is difficult. You can test your luck by contacting a few bands though. But if you have less time, then the best option is to contact a DJ. Bands might not satisfy your decided playlist but they can play some songs on your list with awesome modifications.
- Time of Event: If your function is going to last for an hour or two then a live band can be a good option. But if your event is going to last for a longer duration, remember that band musicians will need a break. While the DJ plays the songs according to the people’s mood. They can stop any song and start a new one without taking a break. Moreover, some countries have restrictions on late-night DJ music. So, if your party will continue till late night a live band is certainly your best option.
- Budget: Usually DJs are more cost-friendly than a live band. Evaluate the budget and decide upon the best.
What all You should know about the Performers?
- Performing Experience: This should be your first question to any DJ or band. If a band or DJ has greater experience of performing in events similar to the one that you are organizing then it’s a match! Performers who have experience in handling the mix-aged crowd are best suited for every occasion.
- Backups: You don’t want your party spoiled just because of some unexpected failure on behalf of the performers. So, discuss all the backups that will be arranged for you in case of a mishap.
- Venue: Give a brief description of your program menu. This will give them an idea about the crowd and what type of sound system do they need to carry. Also, inquire if they have performed in your venue before. If so, then there is a possibility that they must be knowing the place better than you.
- Attire: While this may not sound very important for a DJ. This is important for a band and its members. If you have picked a particular theme for your party request the band members to tune in and dress up accordingly.
To know what suits your party better, you should know the pros and cons of both the DJ and Live band. A restriction that comes with a live band is that they have limited songs to offer. It is really difficult to find a band that plays songs for all generations. With DJs, you can simply put this problem at bay. The live band members will need a break after every song or two but your DJ will keep rocking the party non-stop! So, to avoid such things, many live bands team up with DJs. But a DJ has limited interaction with the audience.