Cocktail hour is the buffer between the ceremony and reception and should offer snacks to keep your guests happy until dinner time. Snacks can be just about anything you’d like, but make sure you’re not repeating what you will be serving at dinner time. For example, if you’re serving seafood as your main entree, stay clear of serving sushi or shrimp cocktail. Below are some of my favorite snack items that are the perfect treats for your guests to enjoy. Sliders are always a hit and can be dressed up or down depending on the style you are looking for. Sliders can also be paired with your favorite beer or cocktail to add a little extra delight for your guests.
- One of my favorite cocktail hour treats are mini grilled cheese sandwiches with a side of tomato soup. YUM!
- Chicken and waffles are an unexpected snack that your guests will love.
- Shrimp cocktail is a tasty treat that your guests are sure to devour.
- Mini tacos paired with tequila or mini margaritas can be the perfect hors d’oeuvres for your cocktail hour.
- A sushi station is a great way to get your guests to mingle during cocktail hour.
- A cheese station is also a great food option but I would suggest having passed hors d’oeuvres as well.
- Mini meatballs are delicious and can be paired with several different sauces and spices to give it the kick you are looking for.
Mini hot dogs are the perfect option for a backyard wedding.
Mini mac and cheese bits are an unexpected snack that your guests will love, or think about having your own mac and cheese station where guests can create their own little piece of heaven.