Book signing events is one of the most incredible moments for those who love to read. The reason as to why book signing is very popular is because it increases the value of a book especially for the collectors. If you want a personal message, dedication or a name written on the book, you can request the author to do it for you especiallyif you are giving the book to someone as a gift. You will find the authors spend a lot of time signing as well as giving lectures on the book. For most people, this is usually the most interesting part. Once a book has become a best seller, the authors are always expected to go from one city to another or state to another in order to promote their books. The best thing about book signing is the fact that it gives the readers an opportunity to connect and interact with the authors and well as build their public image. Some of the best authors are known to have very memorable book signing events in history mainly due to their charisma or How they interact with the people.
Some of the most famous book signing events in history includes:
- One of the most recent signing book events that people have been talking about is for the book ‘Scripted in Heaven’ written by Lourdes D. Baron. The event took place on the March 30th 2013 at the Scream Famous clothing store in Hollywood.
- The signing for the book ‘My Dark Places’ by James Ellroy in 1996. The event is commonly known for the author having signed the most copies in the strong first run, he signed about 65,000 copies. The lecture given by the author was very moving that the sales tremendously increased within a few hours after the book signing event.
- ‘My life so Far’ by Jane Fonda also tops the list of the most famous and memorable book signing events in the year 2005. The reason as to why the book received so much publicity is simply because it was one of the best sellers during the time.
- Another famous book signing event was by Michael Cain for the book ‘What’s it all About’. The book is quite engaging and the author being so famous the number of people who attended for the book signing was very huge thus making the event memorable.
- ‘Betrayal’ by Danielle Steel in the year 2012 also tops the list. The fact that she is a very famous writer makes it very possible for her book signing events to be very successful. Most people tend to think that she is quite friendly and thus easy to interact with.
The list of some of the most famous book signing events is endless. What makes a book signing event successful and memorable is the number of people who attend the event and how well the author interacts with them. Most people decide to buy a book or not after attending a book signing event right after the first chapter of the book is read.